Astek has an immediate opening for a full time person acting as a Office Manager. The individual's primary responsibilities will be Invoicing and performing most of the office accounting entries. Key tasks will be Invoicing, tracking Accounts Receivable, ordering supplies, performing Shipping/Receiving functions, Inventory adjustments, answering phones and scheduling appointments. This individual will act as a personal assistant to the President/CEO of the company.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Five years work experience related to Small Office Accounting with a minimum of a two year college degree (Astek will also consider new graduates with a 4 year degree in an applicable field such as business, finance or accounting).
- Experience creating invoices, submitting invoices to clients, managing Accounts Receivable and following up with delinquent accounts.
- Good understanding of double-entry accounting principles.
- Working knowledge of PeachTree(Sage 50) or Quickbooks accounting software.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent Organizational Skills.
- Ability to multitask efficiently.
- Exceptional social skills in answering phones and talking to clients/vendors.
- Experience at monitoring, maintaining and ordering office supplies for staff.
Skill or Experience In The following Areas Would Also Be Beneficial For This Job:
- Breaking down Sales Revenue into different P&L groups.
- Reconciliation of Sales Forecast to Actual Sales,
- Managing Accounts Payable,
- Solid understanding of accounting cycles in a small office,
- Managing Shipping and Receiving.
The candidate will need to pass a background check and provide at least three strong references. Candidates that are local to the Colorado Springs area will be given a preference during the interviewing process since no moving expenses will be reimbursed. Candidates must have US citizenship or current authorization to work in the US. Astek cannot provide support for Visa applications. Relocation reimbursement is not offered.